|Home||» Products||» Fruits||» Fresh Pomegranate Bhagawa|
Product Name: Fresh Pomegranate
Product Code: BAFFP 001
Caste :- Bhagawa
Extensive survey work on pomegranate orchards indicated that the Bhagawa variety of pomegranate is heavy yielder and possesses desirable fruit characters. This variety matures in 180-190 days with average yield of 30.38 kg fruits/tree. Bigger fruit size, sweet, bold and attractive arils, glossy, very attractive saffron coloured thick skin makes it suitable for distant markets. This variety was found less susceptible to fruit spots and trips as compared to other varieties of pomegranate. Considering all these attributes, the Bhagawa variety is recommended for its cultivation in pomegranate growing in regions of Maharashtra.
Salient features of Bhagawa
· It fetches better market price which is 2-3 times higher than that of Ganesh.
· Increasing demand for export markets particularly in United Kingdom, Holland, other European and gulf countries etc.
Fruits are very attractive, Saffron coloured, smooth and glossy peel which is increasing its cosmetic value and market appearance of the fruits.
Fruits are with attractive seeds having cherry red coloured and bold arils, which are suitable for both table and processing purposes.
· Fruits are suitable for long distant transport due to thick peel (Less weight loss, less possibility of damage due to bruises).
· Fruits have better keeping quality than other varieties ( 15 -12 days at room temperatures).
· Fruits are tolerant to thrips and mites which reduces the number of pesticide sprays, which minimizes cost of production.
· Fruits are moderately susceptible to black spots.
· Fruits are free from blackening of arils even in case of late harvesting of fruits up to 7-5 months, which reduces market value of fruits.
· It has no incidence of cracking of fruits which is observed in other varieties viz. Ganesh, G-137 and Middle which ranges from 10-15%.
· There is no fruit drop observed in case of severe water shortage situations.
· This variety gives high yield (30-40 kg/tree) in case of better management .
· It is comparatively late for harvesting but due to less expenses on plant protection measures and better market prices realized, it is more remunerative than any other pomegranate cultivar.
Pomegranate Juice has Iron, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium etc which helps in growth of blood in the body.
Many processed food products such as Juice, Cold drinks, Carbonated Drinks, Anardana, Syrup etc are prepared from Pomegranate Fruits.
Total Soluble Solid (TSS): 65 + 1° Brix at 20° C
Acidity (as Citric Acid): 1.2 - 1.8 % W/W
pH: 3.3 to 3.5
Sugar Content:12 to 16%. This sugar is light for digestion.
Shelf Life: 3 to 4 weeks at room temperature; 2 months in the refrigerator.
Season of Production: 2013 (Current year)
Inspection: SGS or any other third Party Inspection Company for Weight and Quality as per Buyers requirement
Minimum Order Quantity: 1 X 20 FT Refrigerator Container.
Load ability: 2100 Carton per 20 FT Refrigerator Container
Packing: 4.5 Kg per Carton.